Spanish Spell Checker
In this post I will am listing three online Spanish spell checkers.
Furthermore, Spanish spell checker software and an electronic dictionary
with Spanish spell checker functionality will be introduced
at the end of this post.
- Online Spanish Spell Checker
- Spanish Spell Checker Software
- Spanish Spell Checker Dictionary
1. Online Spanish Spell Checker
Among these three Spanish spell checkers, I like the first one (http://orangoo.com/spell/)
the most, for the following reasons: 1. The spelling dictionary is relatively
large and it has the ability to recognize sticking Spanish words (such as: "permítame"
= "permíta me"); 2. You can scroll up and down to see your overall spell
checking progress; 3. It is working fine under both Firefox and Microsoft
The second spell checker (http://www.lenguaje.com/english/tools/spellchecker.php)
is also good. the spelling dictionary is also large and the checker works under
Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, you won't be able to scroll up
and down to see your overall spell checking progress once it enters the spell
The last spell check (http://www.thesolutioncafe.com/public-spell-checker.html)
is not working properly under Firefox. The spell dictionary is also small. For
example, it can not recognize "permítame" and other similar sticking Spanish
2. Spanish Spell Checker Software
Secondly, you can buy a piece of Spanish Spell Checker software like
Escribien Spanish Spell Checker on Amazon, or
Spellink Spanish Spell Checker from SmartLink Corporation.
- Spell check Spanish
- Add accented characters without special keyboards
- Catches missing accent marks - Customizable spell check dictionary
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
, October 21, 2003
Durfee (L.A. Calif.)
This software is easy to install and use. It's a must have for anyone,
students and professionals, who write in Spanish.
I easily add Spanish characters right from my keyboard, and I can edit or
format documents in Spanish or English.
I highly recommend Escribién!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
If you create Spanish documents, or bilingual documents
June 13, 2005
A complete word processor that makes it very easy to type in Spanish &
English, and spell check BOTH in the same document. Also makes it easy to
type ALL of the Spanish characters on screen, without using a special
keyboard or making annoying changes to Windows. Saves documents in RTF
format (easily opened with MS WORD). Will save you a ton of time if you
write in Spanish on your computer.
Buy Escribien Spanish Spell Checker
The most powerful and comprehensive spell-checking
software for ANY Windows applications.
ORFO - SPELLINK Spanish supports English and Spanish languages.
New in ORFO - SPELLINK:
- Windows Vista and MS Office 2007 applications support
- Spelling check in browsers MS Internet Explorer 6.x, Mozilla FireFox
2.x, Opera 9.x
- Improved spelling checker (lower or upper case, writing with a hyphen,
words with apostrophe)
- A quicker algorithm of getting suggestions
- User dictionary in Unicode support
- New up-to-date design
This software exceeds the power of widely available
spell-checkers by its new unsurpassed capabilities and choice of languages.
It comes with a comprehensive 300,000 words American English Dictionary,
including most current terms related to various technical, business,
medical, humanities and scientific domains.
Buy Spellink Spanish Spell Checker
- Spell-check text in any application installed in your system.
- Integrate directly into existing spell-checkers in most applications
such as MS Word 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, MS FrontPage 2000/XP/2003, MS
Publisher XP/2003/2007, MS Works 4.x, MS Access 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, MS
Excel 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, MS PowerPoint 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, MS
InfoPath 2003/2007, MS Outlook 97/98/2000/XP/2003/2007, MS Outlook Express
5.x/6.x, MS Internet Explorer 6.x, Mozilla FireFox 2.x, Opera 9.x Lotus
WordPro 97/2000, Corel WordPerfect 8.0/9.0, Adobe PageMaker 6.x/7.0,
- Add new words in all forms in accordance with the morphological rules
of the supported languages.
- Check the spelling in Windows applications without the spell-checking
function in Standalone Speller and via the hotkeys.
- Change language on-the-fly while checking spelling in a multilingual
- English language spelling module includes additional specialized
dictionaries, such as Business, Science, Humanities, Medical and
- Spanish language spelling module includes additional specialized
dictionary of of Medical Terms.
3. Spanish Spell Checker Dictionary
Finally, you can buy a handheld electronic dictionary that has a Spanish Spell Checker function, like the
Royal SED PRO English-Spanish Dictionary and Spell Checker
Buy Royal English-Spanish Dictionary and Spell Checker
- 4-Line Enhanced Display
- American Heritage Spanish-English Dictionary with over 650,000 definitions
- Over 5,000,000 total translations
- ROGET’S II: New Thesaurus with over 500,000 synonyms
- English and Spanish spell checkers
- Travel phrases
- English and Spanish word games
- Personal organizer and calculator
- Clock with alarm